Spring 2015 Grassroots Recreational Soccer Season
Helpful Information and Important Dates:
Spring Picture Day –
Gilbert - Saturday April 18th
Location: Picture for Gilbert will be taken in the far northwest corner of Crossroads Park above the lake.
Please read through these simple steps to help make picture day a success.
1) Photo Time: Please have your players arrive one (1) hour prior to your game time.
2) Picture Packet: Coaches have been given picture packets for their team(s) and will distribute them at the team practice prior to Saturday’s picture day.
PARENTS: Please COMPLETE (form completed & payment enclosed) a picture packet for your child prior to arriving.
COACHES: If a child is not in attendance; please complete a picture packet form for that child so that they receive a team picture. If a picture packet is not completed the player will not receive a team picture.
3) Team Instructions: Please line up your players from tallest to shortest.
4) COACHES: Coaches you will receive one (1) picture with your child. Please remember to have your picture taken.
5) Remind parents to stay away from behind the photography area, so that they don't they end up in the back of your photos.
6) Families are not permitted to take photos of the players having their photos taken.
Make Up Picture Day – Gilbert
- Saturday May 2nd – Times to be announced
No bye week this season
Free Player Clinics - Each clinic is a great way for your player(s) to learn new skills, techniques and receive valuable instructions from the AZSC Thunder Pro-coaching staff. We suggest to our coaches to use the clinic as your team's practice for the week. Coaches are highly encouraged to attend the clinic and offer their assistance to the Thunder Pro-coaching staff, as extra coaches training during the season. All coaches who do help out will receive a free coach’s tee shirt!
Each player & coach should come prepared to practice for the 1 1/2 hr. training and bring with them a soccer ball, cleats, comfortable athletic clothing and water.
- Tuesday April 14th @ Crossroads Park
- Tuesday May 19th @ Crossroads Park
· U4 – U8 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
· U9 – U14 6:45 pm – 7:45 pm
Coaches Continuing Education - Coach Clinic - Coaches receive a FREE coaches tee shirt for participating in the clinic. Additional Coaching Education: Please attend a FREE Player Clinic during the season for extra coach training with our Thunder Pro-Coaches, see dates above for Player Clinics.
- Tuesday March 31
- 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Crossroads Park
Picture & Trophy/Medal Distribution - All coaches will be emailed closer to the end of the season regarding pick dates & field distribution.
Additional Game Day Resources and Field Layout/Map