Winter 2015 Grassroots Recreational Soccer Season
Helpful Information and Important Dates:
Last Day of Games: Queen Creek League - Saturday March 7th
Last Day of Games: Gilbert League - Make-up Game on Saturday March 14th
Picture Day –
Gilbert - Saturday January 17
Location: Picture for Gilbert will be taken in the far northwest corner of Crossroads Park above the lake.
Queen Creek - Saturday January 24
Location: Pictures for Queen Creek will be taken in the grass area to the east of the playground and restrooms.
Please read through these simple steps to help make picture day a success.
1) Photo Time: Please have your players arrive one (1) hour prior to your game time.
2) Picture Packet: Coaches have been given picture packets for their team(s) and will distribute them at the team practice prior to Saturday’s picture day.
PARENTS: Please COMPLETE (form completed & payment enclosed) a picture packet for your child prior to arriving.
COACHES: If a child is not in attendance; please complete a picture packet form for that child so that they receive a team picture. If a picture packet is not completed the player will not receive a team picture.
3) Team Instructions: Please line up your players from tallest to shortest.
4) COACHES: Coaches you will receive one (1) picture with your child. Please remember to have your picture taken.
5) Remind parents to stay away from behind the photography area, so that they don't they end up in the back of your photos.
6) Families are not permitted to take photos of the players having their photos taken.
Make Up Picture Day – Gilbert & Queen Creek
- Saturday February 7 – 8:30am – 10:00am
- Gilbert - Saturday February 14
- Queen Creek – Saturday January 31 - Due to closed/rained out fields
Free Player Clinics - Each clinic is a great way for your player(s) to learn new skills, techniques and receive valuable instructions from the AZSC Thunder Pro-coaching staff. We suggest to our coaches to use the clinic as your team's practice for the week. Coaches are highly encouraged to attend the clinic and offer their assistance to the Thunder Pro-coaching staff, as extra coaches training during the season. All coaches who do help out will receive a free coach’s tee shirt!
Each player & coach should come prepared to practice for the 1 1/2 hr. training and bring with them a soccer ball, cleats, comfortable athletic clothing and water.
- Tuesday January 27th @ Crossroads Park from 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Tuesday March 3rd @ Crossroads Park NEW TIMES!
· U4 – U8 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
· U9 – U14 6:45 pm – 7:45 pm
- Tuesday January 13th @ Desert Mountain Park from 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Tuesday February 24th @ Desert Mountain Park from 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Gilbert Spring 2015 Grassroots Recreational Program
Gilbert Spring GRP season Registration is NOW OPEN!
· The season starts on April 4th - May 23rd.
· Click here for Spring GRP details!
· Click here to REGISTER - Gilbert Spring GRP!
To all of our Queen Creek GRP families, we apologize that unfortunately we will not be providing a GRP soccer program for the spring season.
If you like you are welcome to join us in our Gilbert League!