Winter 2016 Grassroots Recreational Soccer Season
Helpful Information and Important Dates:
Click here for Gilbert Game Field Map @ Crossroads Park - https://bsbproduction.s3.amazonaws.com/portals/6250/docs/grp winter 2016 field layout.pdf
Click here for Chandler Game Field Map @ Pima Park - https://bsbproduction.s3.amazonaws.com/portals/6250/docs/pima park field map.pdf
Click here for Queen Creek Game Field Map @ Desert Mountain Park - email firstname.lastname@example.org for map
Additional Game Day Resources and Field Layout/Map
Winter Picture Day –
- Gilbert - Saturday January 16th
- Chandler - Saturday February 6th NEW DATE
- Queen Creek - Saturday January 30th
- Gilbert - In the AZ Ice Building. Look for signs.
- Chandler - The grass area by the fields. Look for white tents.
- Queen Creek - In the grass area east of the restrooms.
Picture Packet: Coming Soon
Please read through these simple steps to help make picture day a success.
1) Photo Time: Please have your players arrive one (1) hour prior to your game time.
2) Picture Packet: Coaches have been given picture packets for their team(s) and will distribute them at the team practice prior to Saturday’s picture day.
PARENTS: Please COMPLETE (form completed & payment enclosed) a picture packet for your child prior to arriving.
COACHES: If a child is not in attendance; please complete a picture packet form for that child so that they receive a team picture. If a picture packet is not completed the player will not receive a team picture.
3) Team Instructions: Please line up your players from tallest to shortest.
4) COACHES: Coaches you will receive one (1) picture with your child. Please remember to have your picture taken.
5) Remind parents to stay away from behind the photography area, so that they don't they end up in the back of your photos.
6) Families are not permitted to take photos of the players having their photos taken.
Make Up Picture Day –
- Date: Saturday February 6th - Gilbert & Queen Creek
- Date: Saturday February 13th - CHANDLER - NEW DATE
- Time: To Be Determined (Email to be sent week of make-up photos to all participants)
- Photo Location: See Picture Day location above
Bye-Week – NO GAMES
- Gilbert - Saturday February 13th
- Chandler - Saturday January 30th CHANGED
- Queen Creek has no bye week.
Free Player Clinics - Each clinic is a great way for your player(s) to learn new skills, techniques and receive valuable instructions from the AZSC Thunder Pro-coaching staff. We suggest to our coaches to use the clinic as your team's practice for the week. Coaches are highly encouraged to attend the clinic and offer their assistance to the Thunder Pro-coaching staff, as extra coaches training during the season. All coaches who do help out will receive a free coach’s tee shirt!
Each player & coach should come prepared to practice for the 1 1/2 hr. training and bring with them a soccer ball, cleats, comfortable athletic clothing and water.
Gilbert: All Age Brackets
- Tuesday Jan. 26th @ Crossroads Park from 6:00pm - 7:30pm
- Tuesday March 1st @ Crossroads Park from 5:30pm - 7:00pm NEW TIMES
Chandler: All Age Brackets
Picture & Trophy/Medal Distribution - All coaches will be emailed closer to the end of the season regarding pick dates & field distribution.
- Tuesday Feb. 2nd @ Tumbleweed Park from 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- Tuesday Feb. 23rd @ Tumbleweed Park from 5:30pm - 7:00pm
Queen Creek: All Age Brackets
- Tuesday January 19th @ Desert Mountain Park from 6:00pm - 7:30pm
- Tuesday Feb. 9th @ Desert Mountain Park from 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Coaches Continuing Education - Coach Clinic - Coaches receive a FREE coaches tee shirt for participating in the clinic. Additional Coaching Education: Please attend a FREE Player Clinic during the season for extra coach training with our Thunder Pro-Coaches, see dates above for Player Clinics. Click here for day and time - GRP Coaching Resources.
Healthy Half Time Snack ideas - About Health
Goal Nation - NUTRITION TIPS: SHOULD YOU EAT BEFORE A GAME? US Youth Soccer - Four Ways Youth Parenting Can Help or Hurt a Child's Experience
Savor the Good Things | Enjoy the experience of youth sports.
Learn to Stop Being a Sideline Coach and Just Enjoy the Game
10 Tips for Soccer Parents on the Sidelines
US Youth Soccer - 3 Ways Parents can help their Athlete Handle Disappointment & Adversity
US Youth Soccer - Avoid Trying to Coach Your Child After a Game
Kelly Gray Sports - The Great Debate - Development vs Winning
Johnson Soccer Club - Soccer Sideline Etiquette
Changing the Game Project - 3 Words Every Athlete Needs to Hear