AZSC Grassroots Recreational Parent Volunteer Coaches
What are the Perks and Benefits of coaching with AZSC?
Arizona Soccer Club relies on parent volunteer’s to coach our Grassroots Recreational soccer teams. To help you consider coaching your players team(s) AZSC would like to share with you some of the perks and benefits of coaching with Arizona Soccer Club!
The AZSC Coaching Benefits include:
1) Coach Discount – given out at the Mandatory Coaches Workshop - ONLY
a. U4 coaches = $10.00
b. U5 + coaches = $20.00
2) Coach determines practice day(s), time and location
3) NEW Coaches receive - Coaching bag with cones, first aid kit and ball pump ILO coaches discount if desired.
4) Opportunity to coach your own child(ren).
5) Coaches receive a complimentary coach and child picture on picture day.
6) AZSC Pro-Coach Training Clinics - One prior to season start and a second clinic during the season. Free Coaches T-shirt for attending!
7) Access to AZSC GRP online coaches training curriculum with practice drills, online videos and more.
8) Mandatory Coaches Workshop & Training – Meetings are scheduled approximately 1-2 weeks prior to the start of the season. All confirmed coaches will be emailed approximately 2-3 weeks prior to coaches meeting.
If you are interested in coaching please request to coach your child’s team during the online registration process or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 480-332-4716.
GRP Recreational Coaches Field Training Class & Workshop
AZSC hosts a Mandatory Coaches Workshop and Field Training Clinic to help you to be a confident and successful GRP coach. The coaches meeting will provide a valuable classroom setting for learning more about AZSC, season information and coaching information. The coaches training clinic will preceed or follow the coaches workshop, depending on the age bracket that you coach. At the coaches training you will want to come prepared for an "on the field" training session with our Thunder coaching staff. Cleats/ running shoes, athletic clothing, water and a ball are required to participate in the training. All coaches will receive a FREE coaches T-shirt for attending!
Gilbert - FALL 2015 Season
When: Tuesday August 25th
Location: AZSC Office & Crossroads Park
First Session - U4 - U8 Age Brackets - Training Clinic 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm @ park
U9 - U14 Age Brackets - Coaches Workshop 6:00 pm - 7:15 pm @ AZSC Office
Second Session - U9 - U14 Age Brackets - Training Clinic 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm @ park
U4 - U8 Age Brackets - Coaches Workshop 7:45 pm - 9:00 pm @ AZSC Office
AZSC also provides continuing education for our coaches, such as online curriculum and soccer articles that will help you to understand how to run practice drills and more.
For additional training, or coaching assistance, please contact email@example.com
AZSC GRP Weekly Coaching Curriculum & Education Resources
Click to access the "Coaches Training Curriculum" to view each weeks weekly curriculum & additional coaching resources.
Click Here to Review the GRP PowerPoint Presentation that was presented at the Coaches Meeting - Coming Soon!
Motivational Trophy for Player Reward & Development
Motivational Trophy - A creative way to acknowledge your players for specific achievements is to honor them with a motivational trophy. The motivational trophy is designed to be a rotating trophy that is given to one child a week for their special achievement. The trophy is returned the following week to be given to another child to receive. Click here for more information - Motivational Trophy List, Customized Trophy Selection
- Another idea for player reward and development are "Soccer Patches
". Award a patch to each child for special achievements. The kids can then have the patch sewn onto their uniform to show off their achievements. Click here for website ordering - Soccer Patches
- Weekly ask your players to reach a goal at every game. Then reward the player that gave it their all, toward reaching that goal, the rewarded of wearing the captains band for the next week. For the first game ask them to give heart during the game and the player who has given heart is rewarded. This reward is about developing the player, challenging the player to grow, and rewarding the efforts of the player. The captain band is worn by the kid that gives the most effort on the pitch. It is very important that it doesn't go to the "best" player but the one that tried the hardest that week. This is a great motivator for the kids because they all want the opportunity to be captain. The best question after a game is who is going to be captain next week?
Practice Field Reservations
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
with desired day, time and park location. There will be an additional fee for all park reservations.